Saturday, February 21, 2015

SFF 250 Circles Background

                          The Challenge this week at SF&F HERE is to sponge circles on the background
                                                I thought I would show you the pretty first
                                                     I used a handmade stencil and gelatos
                                                             The stamp set is MFP OWLS

                                                         Now how did I get to the pretty ?
                                         Well my first stencil I punched circles in cardstock
                                    Placed the gelato colors in the center misted with water
                          and moved the color with the brush supplied in the gelato package
                                              WHAT HAPPENED ......... a right mess



                                                                            AGREE?
                                                                         I know you do
                                                          That is why cardstock has two side right?
                               Well the second attempt on the other side is just as bad if not worse
                                           So I punched out a second stencil in acrylic
                                                   This time I put the color in the center of the circle
                                                        and didn't use water or the brush
                                                 I gently moved the color with my finger
                                ( cleaning the color off each time or using a different finger)
                                                               RESULT
                                                 The finished card is much nicer



12 comments:

  1. Lis, your Owl card and circles are beautiful! BUT, I do like the "messy" look of one (very trendy!) of your rejects! You've inspired me to use my gelatos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lis,
    I really like your card - and the colored circles are wonderful!! Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finished result and love the owl-but must admit I loved the messy one too
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the final result Lis! Really fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Much better done with the fingers, the others do look a mess! :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty result, thank you for sharing, love the image.

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulously fun card! Love those circles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lis what a cutie Owl image I love him, this is such a fabby card, lovely colours and super design, I love it.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. How can something that looks so easy be so complicated, ha! I love this little owl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never used gelatos but it looks like fun. Your card is lovely but I agree with Vickie, your first background could be very effective. I like the look of both, just for different purposes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A very cute card and a great job with the gelatos.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. I appreciate all your comments